1) To achieve stablised income of $3,000/mth or $36,000/yr
* Due to my switch of career, my average income in 2008 is probably only around $1,000/month at the moment
2) To pass CFA Level 1 examination
* I did not pass my CFA in Jun08 and I have no time to retake Dec08 exam
3) IPPT Silver in 2008
* I got my IPPT Silver in August 08
4) Gain weight from 58kg to 62kg thru weights training
* I did nothing at all to make me a stronger person till December
* I think I gain more fats than muscles
5) Toastmasters Competent Communicator
* I drop out from Toastmasters after leaving NTUC Income and I did not join any club
What I feel about 2008?
* No major illnesses except for occasional back pains. I did not exercise much in 2008 and I can feel my energy level dropping.
* I made a career switch in Jun08 to join a Financial Advisory Firm. I lost my clients and commissions overnight and start earning from zero. A lot of time are spent learning and unlearning.
* No regrets in getting out from the tied agency system but a bit of miscalculation by joining a firm whose remumeration system gives better benefits to top advisers and managers. I have no intention to be a manager yet. Perhaps in 2010.
* It took me nearly 4 years to start earning a stable income of $2k/mth and now I started with $0 again. Thats the problem in our profession. We give up our salary when we leave for new firm.
* Still okay. Not much time for friends nowadays except for occasional wedding dinners and house warmings
* Cannot work like my unmarried or unattached colleagues. My time are divided equally between work and family now.
* My wife gives me a lot of support. She understand my philosophy in Financial Planning and believe that I will do well one day. I love her and I will not fail her.
* Kids? I have a probia for one. Don't ask me why? Maybe because I worry about insufficient time and money.