1) What Criteria must I fulfil before I can invest my CPF
a) Your CPFOA must have more than $20,000 if you want to invest your Ordinary Account
b) Your CPFSA must have more than $30,000 if you want to invest your Special Account
c) At least 18 years old
d) Not a undischarged bankrupt
2) How can I start my CPF investment?
a) You need to open a CPF Investment Account with DBS, OCBC or UOB to invest your OA. (Compulsory)
b) You do not need to open any investment account to invest your SA
3) What can I invest for my CPF Monies? (Note the 3 groups with different %)
* 100% of investible OA and SA can be invested in:
a) Fixed Deposits
b) Singapore Government Bonds
c) Singapore Government Treasury Bills
d) Bonds Guaranteed by Singapore Government
f) Endowment Insurance Policies
g) Selected Investment-linked Insurance Products
h) Selected Unit Trusts
i) Selected Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
* Up to 35% of investible OA can be invested in:
b) Property Funds (or real estate investment trusts)
c) Corporate Bonds
* Up to 10% of investible OA can be invested in:
b) Gold ETFs
c) Other Gold products (only UOB offers these new gold products)
4) Do I pay tax for my investment returns?
Your investment profits and interest earned from investments are not taxable. However, dividends received are taxable at your individual tax rate
5) How about my discounted Singtel Shares? How much do I have and what will happen when I sell?
* The Special Discounted Share (SDS) Scheme is part of the Government’s asset enhancement programme to make Singapore a share-owning society, thus giving Singaporeans a greater stake in the country.
* Click here to find out how much Singtel Shares you have.
* When you sell the discounted ST shares, the sale proceeds will be refunded to your CPF Ordinary Account.