Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things I remembered about Korea

Went Korea from 18th to 25th Sep. 2.5 Days in Jeju and 4.5 Days in Seoul. There are 10 things I remembered about this place. Just to share.





10 Things I remembered about Korea
1. Food - The Kimchi, BBQ chicken, pork, Steamboats, Bibimbap, Metal bowls and chopsticks, etc
2. Facial features of Koreans - Long oval face, small single eye-lid eyes, man and woman equally beautiful and handsome.
3. Nationalist Spirit - They love their country. They use their Korean goods, Samsung, LG, Hyundai everywhere
4. Confucius - Their teaching are rooted from Confucius. Strong cultural and family ties
5. Hangeul - The korean alphabets consist of many circles, ovals, curves and lines. Its developed only in the 15th Century. Looks funny but I think its amazing!!!
6. Mid Autumn Festival - Their celebration is very different from Singapore. Its a day to visit their ancestors grave and family get together.
7. Shopping - Shopping areas are everywhere, but things are generally not cheap.
8. Jeju Island - Honeymoon island for Koreans. Beautiful mountains, Sea-front, clean and no beggars on the island.
9. Subway - 300+ stations, low waiting time, not too crowded. Interesting part is that people can go into the train and sell their stuffs.
10. Celebration - I celebrated my 30th Birthday there too. Haiz. Sad to think that I'm getting old and my career looks like in the middle of a dark tunnel. I'm worried...
Overall, I like the place, food and people. Hope to visit it in Winter for skiing next time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If i were you, i will go back to the Logistics line. And take your current insurance job as part time.

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

I agree that I should be better off in the previous industry with a fixed and stable salary. Being an adviser who teaches people to get Term, RSP, minimum Life Insurance, etc hurts.
Moreover, people thought we are earning a lot of money from them and expect a lot of services.

However, I don't intend to look back. I'll continue to help the society and play my role in educating the public and people around me the need to plan wholeheartedly.

My commitment in this industry will be long.

Anonymous said...

Thats the problem. Insurance is not an easy line to do. And many people are doing it. So its really difficult.

Yeah i know that you like to do it wholeheartedly. But at the end of the day, you have a family to take care of. The realism of life will come back and you have to face it. Let say you have children. Have you thought of the expenses you have to come out with. I dont suppose you would like to depend on you wife?

Majority of the insurance agents all have a common goal and thats to clinch as many deals. Cause thats their livelihood.

My advise will be take this as a parttime or retirement job. And you know why. When you get a permanent job you will know more people in a company and you have more forest to tab on to sell insurance.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. If I'm you, I'll take insurance as part-time and go back to my previous work.
You can go back to Insurance anytime even without experience, but you cannot go back to your previous field anytime without experience.
I can see talent with your blog, you might be able to do better elsewhere. An honest adviser like you may not survive this industry.

Anonymous said...

Ultimately, this is your decision and no one should tell you what to do. So, follow your heart.

No job is really better than another. The insurance line has its good and bad sides and other lines have their good and bad sides as well. What's important is that your job gives you satisfaction at the end of the day.

Just continue to commit to the industry and live happily.

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Thanks for all the comments.

I will not look back. I will do my best in my current position to carry on.

I will continue to conduct my biz ethically and sell on needs basis which I hope more people will realise it in future.