Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Do you have hearing problem?


I recently attended a talk about Hearing Loss. I get to know that as much as 6% of our population are having hearing problem but did not detect early. Treatment was delayed and eventually got serious.

Below are 15 questions to help check if you have a hearing problem.

1) I have a problem hearing over the telephone
2) I have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time
3) I have trouble understanding things on TV
4) I have to strain to understand conversations
5) I have to worry about missing a telephone ring or doorbell
6) I have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a crowded room or restaurant
7) I get confused about where sounds come from
8) I misunderstand some words in a sentence and need to ask people to repeat themselves
9) I especially have trouble understanding the speech of women and children
10) I have trouble understanding the speaker in a large room such as at a meeting or place of worship
11) Many people I talk to seem to mumble (or don’t speak clearly)
12) People get annoyed because I misunderstand what they say
13) I misunderstand what others are saying and make inappropriate responses
14) I avoid social activities because I cannot hear well and fear I will reply improperly
15) Family members and friends have told me they think I may have a hearing loss

If there are many "Yes" in your answers, you may consider going for a hearing test.

No comments: