Wednesday, June 11, 2008

They forgetful or I misrepresent?

As mentioned in my previous post, I have a lot to share about Shield Plans. I considered myself one of the top producer in term of Shield plans in my previous company. Small premium, big cover and I feel that its so important to be covered under a good medical insurance. "Top Producer"? How come I still so poor? Because Medical Insurance small premium. Haiz...

As I have a lot of shield plans policyholders, I encountered a lot of claims too. I also get a lot of calls whenever my policyholders are in the prospect of being hospitalised.
Today, I like to share 2 recent calls I received from my Shield Plan policyholders .

First Enquiry: (Happened less than 1 week ago when I was studying for my exam in the CC)
* Mr Raja(not real name) called me and told me that he went to the hospital a few days ago.
* I asked him what happened.
* He told me that he got a toothache and went to the Dental Clinic in that hospital. He wants to claim from his Shield plan because the Dentist told him that he need to go for X'ray for his teeth and need an extraction which cost around $1,000.
* I asked him if it was caused by an accident and if he need to be warded in the hospital.
* He told me "No"
* I told him. "Cannot claim"
* He argued with me. "I went to the Dental Clinic in the hospital, because I know I have a hospital plan. Now I'm going for an operation, you tell me cannot claim. X'ray and extraction cost me over $1,000" "Can you call the hospital to check?"
* I told him, "Cannot Claim because........."
* "Last time, you tell me hospital can claim. Now you tell me cannot" "You din even bother to call the hospital to check....."
* I repeated "Really cannot claim"
* He hang up my phone...

2nd Enquiry (Happened around 2 months ago)
* Mr Rahim (not real name) called and told me that he got some Eye Problem
* I asked him what happened
* He told me, the optometrist diagnosed him to be short-sighted
* I asked again, "Okay. So whats the problem then?"
* I need to buy a spectacle. Can I claim from the insurance?
* I nearly fainted.....Lucky this one no arguments. (haha)

I am very confident that I explain every terms and condition very clearly to my policyholders. I suspect if I had talked too fast or too much that they cannot absorb anything into their heads. The misunderstanding are so obvious. Okay. Till here, I'll share about my recent claims in my next posting...

(Hope these 2 policyholders are not looking in my blog now)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you have left the company, your policyholders should be assigned to a new consultant. But I guess they do not regard them as their policyholders, the same way as the new management of Income did not regard the old policyholders as theirs, perhaps that is the reason why new policies have higher bonuses than the old ones which are cut.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to You, Adrain. You have done a good job. Keep it up and continue to be sincere and tell the truth.
Customers are forgetful or pretend to be forgetful.They try their luck.
ALL CUSTOMERS ARE IDIOTS AND BECAUSE OF THIS INSURANCE ILLITERACY THEY HAVE BEEN EXPLOITED BY UNSCRUPULOUS INSURANCE AGENTS. WHEN NTUC ADVERTISED THE DIAMONDS, IN THE DIAMONDS YOU FIND THESE AGENTS.

Anonymous said...

This is called empty selling. Ask i said this is a tough job.

Collin said...

Thanks for sharing, Adrian.