Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yu Sheng - 鱼生 (2)

Someone asked me why I suddenly wrote about Yu Sheng when Chinese New Year is so far away. My answer is simple. "Because this is my favourite dish." Even my Rabbits love it.

------------------------------
In my 2nd part, I want to write about the words to say before tossing the Yu Sheng. I'm sure it will impress your friends in during Chinese New Year.



Step 1 - When dish is placed on the table. Say "Gong Xi Fa Cai", "Wan Shi Ru Yi"
(Congratulation and may you be propersous)

Step 2 - While squeezing the lemon over the fish. Say "Da Ji Da Li"
(Wishing you Good luck and blessings)

Step 3 - Place the fish over the shredded carrots and radish. Say "Nian Nian You Yu"
(Wish you abundance in wealth every year)

Step 4 - While sprinkling Pepper over the dish. Say "Hong Yun Dang Tou"
(May you have good luck at your doorstep)

Step 5 - While sprinkling Cinnamon Powder. Say "Qing Chun Chang Zu"
(May you be young forever)

Step 6 - While pouring the Peanut Oil. Say "Rong Hua Fu Gui"
(May you enjoy prosperity)

Step 7 - While pouring Plum Sauce. Say "Tian Tian Mi Mi"
(May sweetness enters your life)

Step 8 - While pouring the crackers. Say "Man Di Huang Jin"
(May gold falls at our feet)

Final Step - While tossing the Yu Sheng. Say "Yue Lao Yue Qi, Lao Dao Feng Shen Shui Qi"
(Toss higher and higher till the wind and the oceans rise up for a good year ahead)

No comments: