Tuesday, May 29, 2007

千人宴 - Thousand People Banquet

I attended an interesting Wedding Banquet in Batu Pahat (Malaysia) last Sunday. Batu Pahat was around 2 hours drive from JB.



The hall was filled with 108 tables which means that there are over 1000 people. This is so far the largest wedding banquet I had attended. The food was marvelous despite the large number of people present.
*
The couple invited few young talented singers to sing during the banquet and one of them is the cousin of the groom. I was truly impressed by their singing and feel they are easily eligible for the Campus Superstars.
*
The father of the Groom made used of this chance to donate varying amount of money to many charitable organisations and schools. The couple then present momentos and cheques to the representative of the Charities. The event was graced by several Datuks.
*
Its one of the most interesting wedding banquet I had attended. An event, which to me, seemingly to have some traces of political and commercial motivation. Notewithstanding these, the couple certainly looks great and obviously the main casts for the day.
*
I wish the couple a blissful and happy marriage.

No comments: